If you are preparing the exam for govt jobs then you always doubt in your mind that which books are to be taken for preparation. You must select the proper books before preparation for competitive exams. In this article, we recommend some important books which will help you and guide you for better preparation for govt jobs examination.These books are very common and standard which will very useful for topic wise explanation in various competitive exams. If you are preparing for Banking/SSC/Railway/State PSC and other Govt Jobs exams. Here we advise you those books which are suitable for every exam.
First, we talk about Quantitative Books, which is the very important section for competitive exam.Those students who start basic concept for Quant we suggest here some books – where you read and practice.
- The first book is R.S Aggarwal ( Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination) → Buy From Amazon
This book consists of two parts: Ist arithmetical section and IInd Data interpreter.
In this book, all the topics covered in very Broadway, therefore, this book is the standard book. Which are almost 500 pages on it?
- The second Book is Fast Track Objective Arithmetic Paperback by – Rajesh Verma (Author)
In this book, topics cover with prescribed form.
If you are beginners – buy this Book – R.S Agarwal ( Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination)
- If you are beginner we suggest you buy – Magical Books on Quicker Maths. By Tyra (Author) this book is BSC publication.
- Other most and best useful books – The Accredited Guided to Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency – Author: Ananta Ashish Publication: Arihant
Next thing by which books you practice ?- (Practice Book)
- Everything depends on practice. How many books you read it doesn’t matter, but which book you practice it’s more important. If you are preparing for bank exam we suggest to buy: IBPS(CWE) for PO/MT/SO Previous with Detailed Solutions by :BSC Team (Author)
- If you are preparing for SSC we suggest you buy: Kiren’s SSC Mathematics Chapterwise Solved Papers 1999 to Till Date. By : Kiran Prakashan (Author), Pratiyogita Kiran ( Author ) KICX (Author) in this book all the exam materials are given in chapter wise.
- If you are preparing for SSC Railway Exam we suggest you buy – A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non – Verbal Reasoning Paperback – 2018 Author: R.S.Aggrawal.
- For banking Exam, we prefer you to buy: Magical Book Series Analytical reasoning. A lot of question comes from this book and approximately 20 to 25 marks come from this book.
- Another book for Bank PO and Clerk Exam. Magical Books on Puzzle Paper -2017 by: k Kundan (Author).Nowadays very long Puzzle’s are coming in the examination. So it’s a very helpful and best book for preparing on Puzzles for bank PO CLERK Exam.
- Another book of reasoning we suggest you buy: Chapter-wise Solved Paper 2000-2016 Bank Po REASONING Paperback – 25 Feb 2016 by: Arihant Experts (Author)The specialty of this book covers all topics in chapter wise.
For the preparation of English paper, we suggest that you must read the newspaper for improving your English. Specifically, you must read The Hindu newspaper and The Indian Express. These two newspapers are very helpful for examination.
What read in Hindu newspaper?
You must read the full first page, last page and Editorial page only. You must follow the same rule for The Indian Express News Paper.
- We suggest you read the book: Objective General English Paperback – Dec 2014 By S.P.Bakshi (Author) Publication by: Arihant.
- High School English Grammar and Composition Paperback – 1 March 1995 by P.C Wren (Author), N.D.V Prasad Rao (Editor)
These two books are very good for preparing the competitive and Bank PO Exams.
Hindi Medium Aspirants are advised to read the book: English Grammar & Composition Very Useful for All Competitive Examinations Paperback – Dec 2014. By S.C.Gupta.This book is both in Hindi and English for better understanding.
- Computer Paperback – 2016 by Rani Ahilya (Author)
- Objective Computer Awareness Paperback – 19 Oct 2014 by R.Pillai (Author)
In this section, we suggest the Hindu Paper, The Indian Express, Download Josh Jagaran Current Affairs ( Android app ) – this is available both language Hindi and English. You are advised to refer the website
: General Knowledge Today (www.generalknowledgetoday.com). It’s is very useful for state UPSC Exam also.
How to prepare you GA paper?
With the help of this above site’s, you make prepared day by day notes of it. Therefore you revise after the exam.
You go through the above website and read the newspapers on daily basis and make the notes and read which is very important for exam purpose. Afterward, you revise the notes regularly.This practice will help you definitely crack the competitive exam.
- Hindi medium aspirants should follow this website which is: http://dainktribuneobline.com/ . This website based on the important news which is highly expected for exam purpose. The 80% of the questions comes from this website.
- You must read Dainik Bhaskar newspaper on daily basis.If you cannot take the paper, you can get this news on the internet (e-paper) also. Those who are preparing for civil services exam this paper is very important and beneficial for exam purpose.
(3) You take and read the Dainik Jagran Rastriya Sanskarn newspaper which is a cost of Rs 5. This is a special paper on a National basis which is issued for exam purpose. This newspaper is full of important news. If you want to take this paper then you contact the local newspaper agencies.
General Awareness on Financial part for Banking Exams.(IBPS)
We suggest you read Money Banking & Finance Author: N K Sinha publication by – BSC. This book is helpful for bank PO interview and also helps for theory Parts. The specialty of this book is very vast and deep knowledge regarding Banking and Finance. If you are preparing for the civil services exam then you must prefer this book also.
If you want to basic fundamental on Banking and Finance and just only to overview on topics then you read: Marking, Economic & Banking Paperback – 2015 by Dezy Kumari (Author) Publication by: Lucent.
We suggest you read – Objective Marketing Aptitude Paperback – 2 July 2014 by: Experts compilation (Author) By: Arihant This book is very useful for SBI PO.
GS FOR SSC
- We suggest you read the book for SSC Exam which is: General knowledge Paperback -12 Jan 2015 by: Dr.Binay karn and other (Author)
In exam point of view this book covered with all the topics of Geography, Pol Science, Economic etc.in good manner.
- Second book we suggest you – Yojana Magazine (Monthly basis)
This book is very useful for SSC and state level UPSC Exams.
- The 3rd book we suggest Gk by Manohar Pandey Hindi and English Both. (Very useful for Hindi medium student)
- 4th book we suggest General Studies 2015 for IES PSUs Paperback – 1 Jan 2014 by B.Singh (Author)
This book is high-level exam preparation. This book is very broad level.
If you are preparing for UPSC Exam then you must read for Political Science By: M.Laxmi.( Author)